While the nasty storms strike all over the Americas:
- Costa Rica’s crime rate went up 40%.
- Panamanians are contracting meningitis.
- Dominicans are having problems with dengue.
- Mexico (en) says it cannot accept a US aid package “as is” for the drug war due to “conditions” being insulting (es). They will await a final version to consider.
- Peru is going to see what it can do to leave our newfound cousins alone.
- Brasil is looking to pursue sanctions against the US regarding cotton violations.
- Honduras sentenced 22 police and soldiers to a combined 740 yrs in prison for massacring prison inmate. I’d hate to be them.
- Somebody shot the Vice President of a Venezuelan newspaper which covered corruption cases.
- Haitians are marching against kidnappings.
- Guatemalans just can’t catch a break … mudslides.
- Chilean truckers are striking over fuel.
- Bolivians are still at each other’s throats.
- Two merchant vessels crash off the coast of Uruguay dumping oil everywhere.
- Barack Obama wins the US Democratic race for the nomination.